How much compensation can a Sr. PM expect?

What kind of comp band are people seeing/offering for Senior PM at series A/B companies right now? I continue to hear that ‘it’s a hot market’ but also continue to see ‘Sr PM’ jobs posted at 160-180k base, which, especially given inflation, feels like nothing. Am I crazy?

3 Likes

That sounds about right for salary. Please correct me if I’m wrong. It’s probably high for Series A, and about right for Series B.

3 Likes

“feels like nothing” :man_facepalming:

FWIW, the earlier the company the less cash you can expect. seed, A, B, etc. can’t give cash compensation the same as FAANG. They make up for it with equity and upside.

3 Likes

I’m doing some startup recruiting now and I’m seeing about that and a bit higher for base, and I’m seeing some Bs and Cs offering similar, or the lower end of that + cash bonuses. Feel free to DM me if you have questions.

3 Likes

Depends where you are. In Europe FAANG pays about the same as Series B companies now for Senior PMs. Series A pays ballpark 20% less. Though it’s much lower than anything in the US.

2 Likes

@VladPodpoly & @NathanEndicott, What’s your go to source for comp data?

1 Like

@Naomi, we’ve been using Kamsa for the last 8 months….pretty solid thus far.

I believe Carta also has a product now too.

1 Like

@Naomi, we are a remote seed stage remote-first company funded by the longest running VC fund in the country we operate in. So we use various sources for remote comp (but honestly it’s a lot of a/b testing in the end and fairly wide range as we are early). And for local comp we use benchmarks given to us by the VC fund. They also help us with sourcing candidates too.