What things do engineers say or do that really annoy you as a lead product manager?

I swear #1 is why my calendar is completely full. Setting up and going to meetings to make sure A is talking to B so that C can get the info he needs.

2 Likes

@AngelaBlue, Wow I never knew this was such a common problem to have as a pm and it makes me feel so much better

1 Like

The main way to solve that is to make sure your developers have some autonomy and feel safe.

Address it by saying, “feel free to have the meeting without me, and as long as the decision isn’t mission critical and can be reversed, it’s OK to make the decision. You can slack/email me your decision if you’re not sure and I’ll let you know if there’s a problem with it”

I still run into these and you have to keep reminding the team that it’s OK to make reasonable decisions. Product managers are there to set the strategy and guide the teams, not make EVERY minor decision.

(knowing the difference between a minor and major decision is a key part of this process)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.