What is a Growth PM?

It really depends on the feature, to be honest. Usually, it’s something that our team is building but with code reviews from the partner team & engineers pairing up as needed. In the case of the QR code login feature, that’s something our core-stack team will end up building since we’ve shifted the auth app to them, but I’ll PM it. We now have two PMs on Growth and part of my purview as the senior pm is to do build more products that other teams’ engineers might build. Still feeling that process out, but it mostly emphasizes the need for good communication and teamwork with the other PM’s and devs.

We also have our data teams serve multiple product teams under a given product umbrella, so something like the People You May Know feature involves input from and is used by other teams in our Network umbrella.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying this. This is an area of the role I am having a hard time to wrap my head around. Coming from a core pm experience its kind of strange to envision owning an area without a proper team or boundaries set. What’s the setup on your team in terms of roles, capabilities and how long do you usually have the same team before switching to other teams or rotating team members?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.