Jira Alternatives

Does anyone have recommendations for a agile issue tracking software that is an alternative to Jira? The experience in my career has all been Jira, however at my new company there is an opportunity to select the software we want to use. On some brief searching it looked like Clubhouse.io could be interesting…and my third current option is Gitlab, primarily because it is already being used by the team (but again I have not used that for issue tracking previously).

Main requirements being able to setup biweekly sprints and manage issues into backlog/stories/features/epics or similar. And be able to integrate with Gitlab.

1 Like

It just really depends on what you want to achieve. Some people love JIRA, some people hate it, but it depends on what the outcome is. We were on JIRA but switched to Trello, mostly because JIRA wasn’t fitting our needs. With that said, Trello is now our dev kanban board, not our product tool or our business tool. It has a much simpler tile/task view, no statuses, no filtering, no sharing stories between boards. Just tiles on a board.

Another way to think about it is that engineering team productivity is your highest leverage tool for competing in the marketplace and so within bounds, you should advocate for their preferred tools.

I have not used clubhouse so can’t comment on that. Good luck in your search!

1 Like

Jira can be overwhelming. I tried to switch away from Jira multiple times, but there are no good alternatives as such. The ones we have are full-fledged project management tools (asana, clubhouse etc.).

If you are looking for a simpler version, product beat is a good one. (story pointing function missing)

*try to embrace jira, its awesome once fully understood :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.